Education Research in Conflict and Protracted Crisis (ERICC) is an initial 3-year project, with the International Rescue Committee (IRC) as a lead. ERICC is a research program consortium, where QRF will do a country scan for Jordan and lead the research agenda and study implementation in Jordan.
Of the estimated 75 million children whose education is affected by conflict and protracted crises:
- Nearly half of them are out of school at the primary and lower secondary level
- Limited data indicates that they are learning far less than they could be as the quality of schooling is so low.
- there is a critical lack of evidence on ‘what works’ for education in these contexts to ensure quality education for all.
The goal of ERICC is to:
- Strengthen education programs in crisis-affected countries/regions
- Create a rigorous body of evidence on what works for education in crisis-affected countries
- Help decision-makers access and use evidence on education in conflict and protracted crisis; and
- Strengthen knowledge systems for research on education in conflict and protracted crisis.