About the Research and Program Development DepartmentThe Research and Program Development Department undertakes programmatic and policy-oriented research to support the improvement of literacy, numeracy and socioemotional learning from pre-primary to secondary education across Jordan.About the PositionQRF is seeking experienced candidates with strong research skills and an academic or professional background in education to work on QRF’s research efforts related to teacher professional development, curriculum development and student assessment, and/or educational equity.Responsibilities:
- Conducting primary and secondary research and reporting on findings with minimal supervision.
- Contributing to the analysis of primary and secondary quantitative and/or qualitative data.
- Contributing to the design, development and implementation of programs related to improvement of curriculum, enhancing the use of classroom-based (formative) assessment, promoting socioemotional learning and supportive school cultures, improving pedagogical practices, and reducing educational achievement gaps.
- Writing reports and policy briefing notes on internal or external education research efforts.
- Co-operating and co-ordinating with other departments and partner organizations on research projects.
- Performing other research and program development related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. education, psychology, sociology, economics or another social science)
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Strong research and writing skills
- Passion for improving student learning outcomes in Jordan
- Arabic and English fluency (written and spoken)
- Teaching experience preferred
- Knowledge of at least 1-2 of the following issue areas:
- Curriculum development
- Student assessment (literacy, numeracy and socioemotional learning)
- Educational equity in Jordan (particularly related to gender and refugee status)
- Effective pedagogy and professional development to improve pedagogy
- Policies related to the teaching profession
- School leadership
- School climate
- Experience in Jordan or the region
- Advanced analytical skills (qualitative or quantitative)
- Statistical software proficiency (ex. Stata, SPSS, or R)
- Academic or professional experience in qualitative and/or quantitative research methods.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Organised and has a strong ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under-pressure and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team.
- Detail-oriented and meticulous at work.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in Arabic and English