We are seeking candidates with strong research skills and an academic or professional background in education to work on QRF’s research and program development efforts using education technology across a range of intervention areas
About the Research and Program Development Department
The Research and Program Development Department undertakes programmatic and policy-oriented research to support the improvement of literacy, numeracy and socioemotional learning from pre-primary to secondary education across Jordan.
- Conducting primary and secondary research and write up findings with minimal supervision.
- Contributing to the analysis of primary and secondary quantitative and/or qualitative data.
- Contributing to the design, development and implementation of programs which use education technology to improve teaching methods and classroom-based assessment, enhance parental engagement, promote socioemotional learning, improve school leadership and culture, support refugee education, or close the gender achievement gap
- Writing reports and policy briefing notes on internal or external education research efforts.
- Cooperating and coordinating with other departments and partner organizations on research projects.
- Supporting the organization’s partners with primary and secondary research needs related to their operations
- Performing other research and program development related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. education, psychology, sociology, economics or another social science)
- Passion for using education technology to improve teaching and learning
- Arabic and English fluency (written and spoken)
- Work experience in a relevant field: technology, education/teaching, economic development, research, consulting, etc.
- Familiarity with recent developments in the field of education technology
- Experience in Jordan or the region
- Proficiency in statistical software (particularly Stata and/or SPSS)
- Academic or professional experience in qualitative and/or quantitative research methods.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Organized and has a strong ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under-pressure and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team.
- Detail oriented and meticulous at work.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in Arabic and English