We are seeking candidates with strong research skills and an academic or professional background in education to work on QRF’s research and program development efforts aimed at improving the quality of teaching and raising the status of the teaching profession in Jordan.
About the Research and Program Development Department
The Research and Program Development Department undertakes programmatic and policy-oriented research to support the improvement of literacy, numeracy and socioemotional learning from pre-primary to secondary education across Jordan.
- Conducting primary and secondary research and write up findings with minimal supervision.
- Contributing to the analysis of primary and secondary quantitative and/or qualitative data.
- Contributing to the design, development and implementation of programs to improve pedagogy and support teachers in improving student learning outcomes in Jordan
- Writing reports and policy briefing notes on internal or external education research efforts.
- Cooperating and coordinating with other departments and partner organizations on research projects.
- Supporting the organization’s partners with primary and secondary research needs related to their operations
- Performing other research and program development related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. education, psychology, sociology, economics or another social science)
- Passion for improving student learning outcomes in Jordan
- Arabic and English fluency (written and spoken)
- Teaching experience
- Work experience in another relevant field: education, economic development, public policy, research, consulting, etc.
- Experience in Jordan or the region
- Proficiency in statistical software (ex. Stata, SPSS, or R)
- Academic or professional experience in qualitative and/or quantitative research methods.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Organized and has a strong ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under-pressure and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team.
- Detail oriented and meticulous at work.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in Arabic and English