Education is key to solving almost all the challenges faced by the Arab world. At the Queen Rania Foundation (QRF), we are working to position Jordan as the ideal place to reinvent education globally. We are passionate about making Jordan and the Arab world a better place through education.
QRF realizes that its key asset as a pioneering effort in the 21st century will be the people it hires. Ensuring that asset remains valuable means two things: ensuring QRF hires the right people, and ensuring it is able to retain them once they are at QRF.
QRF’s Recruitment & Staffing Manager (RSM) must not only possess the technical skills and experience to grow and nurture QRF’s most valuable asset but also share the leadership team’s vision for QRF’s culture, values and mission. The RSM will lead on QRF talent sourcing and work with team leads to create job listings, screen resumes, coordinate interview process and extend offers. She (or he) will be in charge of ensuring the QRF interview process is streamlined and applied effectively. She/He will train relevant staff to conduct needed interviews and ensure proper procedure is followed. Over time, she/he will be expected to leverage data to improve hiring decisions. As the responsibilities of the RSM grow, she/he will be expected to grow her/his team and hire staff to support her/him.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and implement an overall recruiting strategy that incorporates working with team leaders around succession plans for all critical positions.
- Responsible for running and coordinating the hiring process for all job openings at QRF starting with advertising for open positions to extending formal offers. RSM will be the first point of contact for all job applicants and perform phone screenings.
- Develops and upgrades the QRF hiring process, supporting the transition to hiring based on panel decisions.
- Ensures that all QRF recruitment is executed according to company standards by developing a rigorous internal recruitment certification program.
- Oversees staff on-boarding and ensures it is executed according to QRF processes which the candidate will need to update regularly.
- Develop a pipeline of eligible candidates by constantly interviewing and screening candidates and developing an extensive network of applicants and potential hires. The best candidates are not applying for jobs and must be head hunted. The candidate may bring in third-party providers as needed and within a larger strategic framework.
- Improve QRF’s brand recognition locally, regionally and globally through various means including the participation in university career exhibits.
- Manage the QRF Internship as a pipeline for talent and skills into QRF.
- RSM might be asked to support the Talent and Corporate Services team with other tasks on an ad-hoc basis.
- Strong passion for talent growth and development
- Passion for education and ability to readily take ownership.
- Passion and humbleness for learning and growth.
- Ability to readily take ownership and be self-directed.
- People oriented and results driven
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, conflict resolution and presentation skills (demonstrated track record)
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In depth knowledge of Jordanian labor law and best practices around managing human capital.
- Demonstrated experience in people management, talent development and human resources with teams of over 20 people.
- Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and Candidate Management Systems (CMS)
- Hands-on experience with recruiting software, as well as Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) or Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS)
- Demonstrated ability to conduct different types of interviews and selection processes (structured, competency based, cognitive-tests, etc.)
Education and Experience
- BA/BS in one or several of Human Resources, Business, Psychology or other related fields.
- Candidates with an MA in a related topic or an MBA strongly preferred.
- Candidates with proven track record of quantitative and qualitative analysis preferred.
- Fluency in Arabic and English required.
- Minimum of relevant 5 years work experience, exceptions possible but unlikely.
- Candidates with startup experience are strongly preferred.
- Dependent on experience and other qualifications.