About the Queen Rania Foundation for Education and Development Education is key to solving almost all the challenges faced by the Arab world. At the Queen Rania Foundation (QRF), we are working to position Jordan as the ideal place to reinvent education globally. We are passionate about making Jordan and the Arab world a better place through education.QRF realizes that its key asset as a pioneering effort in the 21st century will be the people it hires. Ensuring that asset remains valuable means two things: ensuring QRF hires the right people and ensuring it is able to retain them once they are at QRF. QRF relies on grants and gifts to fund our expert research and programme development work and our growing partnership projects. We are now expanding our fundraising into new global markets, in particular in the UK and Europe and we are seeking to appoint a Proposal Writer to create engaging proposals to fund our work.This newly created role in the Strategic Partnerships Team fits alongside our growing Communications Team. It has a specific focus on crafting compelling proposals and copy that will resonate with new donors and support the development of relationships with our existing donors. With ambitious aims to secure gifts not only in the Middle East, where we have several generous corporate and individual funders, but also internationally from high net worth individuals, multi-national companies, global public bodies, grant-making trusts and corporate foundations, this is an exciting time to join a recently established and highly motivated team contributing towards improving the educational journey in our region. Responsibilities will include:
- To prepare, develop and coordinate inspiring written materials in English and Arabic.
- In particular, to produce philanthropic proposals – to deadlines and in line with Foundation plans and priorities, as well as in response to funding opportunities.
- To create a standard proposal and reporting templates for different donor groups.
- To work closely with the Research and Programme Development (RPD) team at the Foundation to source information for proposals and applications; and with the Impact, Evaluation and Monitoring Team (IEM) for funder updates and reports.
- To conduct research for statistics and evidence to support proposal/application material.
- To synthesize information from a variety of sources to produce coherent and compelling funding “packages”.
- To analyze and summarise organizational and official materials and data to develop donor-friendly, bespoke, brand-aligned written materials.
- To work closely with Strategic Partnership colleagues to understand donor motivations and to supplement this through thorough prospect research.
- To develop accurate budgets with Finance team colleagues and operational staff.
- To support the Strategic Partnerships Team to write high-quality communications for funders.
- To contribute to the Team’s development of processes and procedures, in particular managing the schedule for funder reports.
Required skills & experience:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in fundraising.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Knowledge of either foundation, corporate social responsibility or individual fundraising techniques.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively.
Language: Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic