About the department:
The Research and Program Development Department undertakes programmatic and policy-oriented research to support the improvement of literacy and school readiness learning from pre-primary to secondary education across Jordan.
About the Position:
QRF is seeking experienced candidates with strong research skills and a professional background in program development and testing. Specialised experience and knowledge in teaching and learning in the early years (0-5 years) is essential; particularly early childhood education to prepare children for school.
- Leading program research and design efforts within: teaching practices, parenting practices, and educational technology.
- Determining the appropriate research methods to use to deeply understand root causes of educational problems with minimal supervision.
- Conducting primary and secondary research and reporting on findings with minimal supervision.
- Sourcing programmatic solutions and determining the most suitable solutions to local educational challenges.
- Developing programmatic solutions to problems if sourcing is not possible with minimal supervision.
- Drafting and refining theories of change based on primary and secondary research and field testing.
- Documenting research methods, limitations and results concisely, accurately and thoroughly.
- Writing reports and policy briefing notes on internal or external education research efforts.
- Working closely with a project team with diverse skills and backgrounds to research and design programs.
- Coordinating and cooperating with other departments and partners on programmatic efforts.
- Working with teachers, students and parents in the field, may need to conduct trainings and orientation sessions.
- Performing other research and program development related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. education, psychology, sociology, economics or another social science)
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience
- Strong research and writing skills
- Design thinking skills
- Budgeting skills
- Experience and/or knowledge in early childhood education- school readiness.
- Passion for improving the education system and student learning outcomes in Jordan
- Arabic and English fluency (written and spoken)
- Teaching experience preferred
- Behavior change management experience
- Human centered design experience
- Knowledge of at least 1-2 of the following issue areas:
- Effective pedagogy and professional development to improve pedagogy
- Educational equity in Jordan (particularly related to gender and refugee status)
- Parental attitudes, practices and bahaviours particularly in the early years
- Integrating educational technology in teaching and learning
- Experience in Jordan or the region
- Advanced analytical skills (qualitative or quantitative)
- Academic or professional experience in qualitative research methods.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Organised and has a strong ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team.
- Detail-oriented and meticulous at work.
- Ability to communicate persuasively.
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to make sense in ambiguity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required in both Arabic and English.