About the Research and Program Development Department
The Impact Evaluation and Monitoring Department supports program and policy-oriented evaluation research around five main thematic areas including: Equity in Education; Early Childhood Development; Technology in Education; Teacher Professional Development and Recognition; and, Curriculum and Assessment. In addition it supports the wider objectives of the Human Resource Development Strategy 2025.
About the Position
We are seeking candidates (approx. 2 positions) with strong quantitative skills to support impact evaluation research.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support impact evaluation research of education programs (main function of position)
- Contribute to the creation of research reports and briefing notes through secondary data analysis and research.
- Work across all themes (Teachers, Early Childhood Development, Equity, Education Technology, and Curriculum and Assessment) as need arises.
- Summarize reports that are of interest to the organization.
- Contribute to ongoing primary and secondary research work with QRF affiliations (e.g. Madrasati, JEI, QRTA, CMJ, Al Aman Fund, QRAE, RHAS, JRF, Edraak) as need arises
- Contribute to new program development work (concept notes, feasibility studies, project documents etc)
- Liaise with other QRF departments as needed (especially M&E, strategy, communications)
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of BA, MA preferred.
- Economics, statistics or other quantitative field preferred.
- Other relevant fields include social sciences, education, development studies, or public policy. Candidate with these qualifications needs to demonstrate advanced quantitative skills.
- 1-3 years of experience
- Excellent command of written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Knowledge of SPSS, STATA, quantitative data analysis essential.
- Experience working on impact evaluations (or solid knowledge of impact evaluation approaches) preferred.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and a high attention to detail.
- Knowledge of project management practices, project life-cycles, feasibility studies, monitoring and evaluation is advantageous.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team, multi-task.
- Full ability to use Microsoft Office (all windows operating systems) and high competency in using the internet to find information.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following educational areas desirable: Early Childhood Development, Primary/Secondary Education, Education Technology, Curriculum and Assessment, Teachers