About the Queen Rania Foundation for Education and Development: Education is key to solving almost all the challenges faced by the Arab world. At the Queen Rania Foundation (QRF), we are working to position Jordan as the ideal place to reinvent education globally. We are passionate about making Jordan and the Arab world a better place through education.QRF realizes that its key asset as a pioneering effort in the 21st century will be the people it hires. Ensuring that asset remains valuable means two things: ensuring QRF hires the right people and ensuring it is able to retain them once they are at QRF. QRF is looking for an experienced Communications Officer / Senior Officer to create and implement communications strategies that further our goals. As our organization expands, we are in need of someone who can promote our work, interact with the public and establish productive relationships with key stakeholders and policymakers. Applicants should be excited about developing and implementing plans to engage target audiences and spread the message about our research and programs. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of success in the communications sector or related fields, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. Preference will be given to those who also have experience in the field of advocacy or working with NGOs. Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, support and promote organization goals, including communications campaigns, event management, message development, social media content creation and media outreach.
- Develop and disseminate public relations materials that increase our visibility among stakeholders and lawmakers.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers, investors and customer audiences that will help advance our work.
- Identify target audiences and create strategies to effectively engage them.
- Ensure digital marketing content aligns with our brand’s identity and message, and assist with marketing campaigns as needed.
- Work closely with leaders and executives to develop and strengthen employee engagement activities.
Required skills & experience:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, such as SEO and email marketing.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Experience working in customer relations preferred.
- In-depth working knowledge of social media channels; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Google+.
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and other image/video processing tools.
Language: Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic